Thursday, December 31, 2009
The Best of June
October 17th, 2009 - Keeneland, Kentucky
We'd been in Cincinnati just long enough to tell our dear friends, Alex and Alli Parlin, that we'd just found out we were having a baby! They shared in the excitement with us and the next morning we headed off to Keeneland for a day of horse racing. It was the first race of the day and as I scanned the list of names for my winner (no math to my wagers, just names) a chestnut Fillie by the name of 'June's Best' stuck out. Jason and I hadn't been to the doctor yet, but we were able to figure out that my due date would be, June 24th, 2010. At 9:1, her odds weren't great, but I bet on 'June's Best' to Win, Place or Show. Needless to say, she surprised the crowd and won the race! Collecting my winnings was not the exciting part that day, rather, it was the idea of what June would soon be bringing to Jason and me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Congratulations! As they say "Your life will never be the same and you won't want it to." You are headed toward the most amazing adventure. I find that the love I have for Faith and experience of watching her grow is such a miracle. I am so excited for all three of you. Love....Great Aunt Clare
ReplyDelete